Thursday, June 04, 2009

Somebody's Wrong

  1. Fact: I say someone is wrong about something.

  2. It follows then that someone is wrong about something. This is proven indirectly:
    1. Assume everyone is correct about everything. If so, then the statement I have made in (1) is wrong.
    2. Since the statement I made in (1) is wrong, someone is wrong about something.
    3. (2.1) and (2.2) contradict each other.

    Therefore, someone is wrong about something.

  3. Furthermore, that wrong idea is not what I said in statement (1). Proof of this is as follows:
    1. (2) proves that someone is wrong about something.
    2. Since someone is wrong about something, my statement that someone is wrong about something is true and thus not wrong.

  4. Therefore, there is at least one wrong idea held by at least one person, and it is not my statement that someone is wrong about something.
So who is wrong?

No comments: